6 Fun, Preschool Math Activities Math doesn’t have to be intimidating. In fact, it can actually be fun, and these six activities can help you introduce your child to many different concepts including counting, sorting, patterns, and geometric shapes. Ready to get started? Enlist the help of food, stuffed animals, socks, and more. 1. Count with food. Snack …
3 Things to Prepare for When Transitioning to the Toddler Classroom Adapted from The Family Room So, the day arrived when our son was finally ready to start transitioning to the toddler classroom from the infant classroom. At first, this was exciting news, as it was a big step for him developmentally. The teachers in his classroom carefully …
Teaching children water safety is a key part of reducing child drownings. In Florida, drownings are one of the leading causes of child deaths. The following information is important to teach to children and reiterated through the water safety program: Never go near the water without an adult. While swimming can be fun, it’s important for young children …
6 Science Podcasts for Kids Adapted from Bright Horizons “Why is the sky blue?” “What is that plant called?” “How can birds fly?” “How hot is the sun?” Sound familiar? You probably have a curious child on your hands…and you might be flooded with more science-y questions than you can answer. Let podcasts for kids help! Whether you and your child have a long …
All About Conscious Discipline Created by Dr. Becky Bailey Conscious Discipline is an emotional intelligence program where children learn to express their emotions, resolve problems with words, and work with others. It was developed by Dr. Becky Bailey, an author and early childhood educator. It is designed to create an environment where the motivation to behave comes …
- 6 Fun, Preschool Math Activities
- 3 Things to Prepare for When Transitioning to the Toddler Classroom
- Teaching Children Water Safety
- 6 Science Podcasts for Kids
- All About Conscious Discipline
- Tips for Teaching Your Child About Personal Safety
- Start the New Year Off Right: Resolve to Raise a Reader!
- Preschool Children and Cognitive Development
- 4 Ways to Make Holidays Better for Kids
- Simple Ways to Raise Grateful Children
- Toddler Lunch Ideas
- Mindfulness Practice for Preschoolers Connecting Kids to Nature
- Preschooler Reading Milestones
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO POTTY TRAINING
- Tips on Reading to Your Preschool Child
- STEM Education – It’s Never Too Early
- Three Ways to Teach Kids PATIENCE!
- Tips for Handling the First Days of Preschool
- Summer Camp Benefits Preschoolers
- Help Your Child Develop Critical Thinking Skills
- Cooking and Baking – Life Educational Skills
- Quality Parent Preschooler Time!
- Preschoolers Learn the Best through Play!