Tips for Teaching Your Child About Personal Safety Adapted from Lexi Walters Wright When it comes to personal safety, kids with learning and attention issues may be more vulnerable than other kids. So how can you teach your child about “safe” and “unsafe” people? 1. Say it early, often and very clearly. …
Start the New Year Off Right: Resolve to Raise a Reader! Adapted from Reading Rockets Many New Year's resolutions focus on developing healthy habits. Here's one that is important to make and keep: provide a regular diet of books and reading for your preschooler. You feed and care for your child every day so that he will grow …
Preschool Children and Cognitive Development Adapted from Alexandra Louis During the preschool and kindergarten years, children begin to develop and learn new skills through play. Play encourages all the important areas of development. It includes social, emotional, physical, communication/language and cognitive development. This refers to learning to question, problem-solve, learn about spatial relationships. In addition, they acquire …
4 Ways to Make Holidays Better for Kids Tips for keeping kids happy and able to enjoy the fun Rachel Ehmke; Adapted from Child Mind Institute It’s easy for children to be smitten with the magic of the holidays. Fun presents. Extra sweets. A vacation from school—there’s a lot to like. But with the freedom and excess of the …
Adapted from blogs.brighthorizons.com Thanksgiving is around the corner. It is a holiday and an expression of gratitude. Here are some tips to teach our kids gratitude and to practice thanksgiving all year round! • Model Gratefulness. You are your children’s most important role model. Using grateful language and positive reinforcement is a great way to show children how to be grateful. …
- 6 Fun, Preschool Math Activities
- 3 Things to Prepare for When Transitioning to the Toddler Classroom
- Teaching Children Water Safety
- 6 Science Podcasts for Kids
- All About Conscious Discipline
- Tips for Teaching Your Child About Personal Safety
- Start the New Year Off Right: Resolve to Raise a Reader!
- Preschool Children and Cognitive Development
- 4 Ways to Make Holidays Better for Kids
- Simple Ways to Raise Grateful Children
- Toddler Lunch Ideas
- Mindfulness Practice for Preschoolers Connecting Kids to Nature
- Preschooler Reading Milestones
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO POTTY TRAINING
- Tips on Reading to Your Preschool Child
- STEM Education – It’s Never Too Early
- Three Ways to Teach Kids PATIENCE!
- Tips for Handling the First Days of Preschool
- Summer Camp Benefits Preschoolers
- Help Your Child Develop Critical Thinking Skills
- Cooking and Baking – Life Educational Skills
- Quality Parent Preschooler Time!
- Preschoolers Learn the Best through Play!